11.05.2011

Vous avez un joli sourire

Paris


First night at Xavier's. He made us pasta and invited a few people over!

Cool air and autumn shadows 

Jardin des Tuileries

Nahhh, I already have that same scarf. No really, no, III...Oooohkkkkayyy.

Arc de Triomphe. I'm really just name dropping because I never figured out what the significance of this structure was. But I like it!

We'll have some bread, please. With cheese. Actually, make that just cheese with cheese. And a side of bread.

This is a secret building. No one knows what it is called. And by that I mean...I googled "building in Paris by Jardin des Tuileries with fountains" and couldn't find the answer.

The tomb of the unknown soldier. In Performing Culture, we read about a white person will generally assume the buried soldier is white. A Chinese person will assume the soldier is Chinese. And so on and so forth.

"Madeline!!! Read it to me and it'll be like we're REALLY in Paris!"

Next to the Eiffel Tower. I had been taking photographs. I don't always sit on benches like that.

It is SO much prettier at night than it is during the day. In the daytime, it looks very industrial.

Yippee!

The Louvre. I want that pyramid.

I think in that first sentence when I wrote "and a bazillian rules" I probably meant to write something other than rules...because I'm not sure what that means.

Just about to visit the Venus de Milo and the Mona Lisa. The Mona Lisa is smaller than you might think.

Ceiling in one of Napoleon's Apartments. Probably very affordable.

These people had never seen a camera before. Also, there are lots of carousels in Paris. That's not a joke. 

Crème brûlée sampler at a restaurant called A La Cloche d'Or, which means "The Golden Bell." I broke off this Ohio-shaped piece. It was a momentous occasion.  

The NotreDame

Our new friend James took us to the top of a department store and this was the view!

There were crepes on these plates 60 seconds before I took this photo. Chocolate with whipped cream and maple syrup.

Pont des Arts. An amazing bridge.


Shakespeare and Company 
A nook where I would have liked to read for days.


Reading poetry on La Seine River. 

Just as beautiful as I'd always imagined.

Bonne nuit, Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment