10.01.2011

"I was just fascinated by the Lord Chancellor of England, sitting contentedly in his little wool sack."


Right after this photo, a man asked us for directions to Heathrow Airport and I was so excited that someone thought we were British and knew where things were! Turns out he was just a drunkard who wanted to talk to three obviously American girls.



The next morning, we went to Scotland! These are the Highlands.

We only had four days to sightsee so, naturally, we toured the Cathedral of Saint Giles of small animals and hemorrhoid sufferers.
This sign is not a joke.
Edinburgh
This is a very famous cow (odd, I know) named Hamish. I, personally, think Steakish would have been more fitting.
Sometimes I like to carry my friends places.
We watched a weapon demonstration at Fort Augustus, then dressed our friends in traditional Scotish garb.
This is Loch Ness. I found the Loch Ness monster, Nessie. She is actually a guppy.

The view from a famous tall place.
Oh yeah, this picture! Hostels are so fun.
So much greenery.
We were lucky enough to be led around by this kilted man all weekend. He told us all about how no Scotish man wears underwear...They call it "freeballin'."
A beautiful little waterfall at "The Hermitage Pleasure Grounds."
Top five favorite pictures of all time. I can't wait to paint this.
I love Beeza so much! And pubs in Scotland.
They do not mess around.

A very very very microscopic portion of the Ediburgh Castle.
Outside the Blair Castle.
Scotland is a place with a lot of pretty windows.
This is how Scotish people dress. Also, they all play bagpipes. Always.

1 comment:

  1. So that picture of you and chatty and beeza at Blair Castle is definitely going on the first night slideshow. It is probably the most adorable thing I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete